Did you know that tobacco is the leading cause of lung cancer, chronic bronchitis, and heart diseases? Tobacco consumption also reduces activity between your brain and your nervous system. Because it contains nicotine, tobacco is hazardous and seriously harmful.
Tobacco also has a drastic effect on your oral health. It irritates your gum tissue, forcing it to recede and exposing the tooth. This leads to tooth decay. Tobacco weakens your gum resolve allowing bacteria to settle in your mouth.
As per the World Health Organization, the epidemic caused by tobacco is one of the biggest threats to humans, and more than eight million people die every year across the globe. Tobacco causes oral cancer and bone and tooth loss. As per reports, tobacco is the leading cause of teeth staining amongst women.
Countries worldwide identify tobacco as harmful and dangerous and take extensive measures to stop its production and sale. Examples include:
- The Australian government began a campaign to control tobacco consumption. They introduced plain packaging, graphic warnings, bans on all advertisements and promotions for tobacco sale, and started a National Tobacco Campaign movement.
- As per the Tobacco Products Directive legislation of the European Union, menthol cigarettes and rolling tobacco were withdrawn from shelves and prohibited from sales.
- World No Tobacco Day, organized on the 31st of March, is simply one of the ongoings initiatives worldwide to reduce tobacco consumption.
- The most significant tobacco production occurs within China, India, and Brazil; all three countries have taken extensive tobacco consumption control.
Diseases induced by Tobacco Consumption Include:
- Oral Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Facts about tobacco consumption:
One death every four seconds occurs due to tobacco consumption. Exposure to tobacco, no matter how much quantity you consume, can lead to several medical problems. Eight million people die every year due to tobacco consumption. Second-hand smoking is most dangerous and causes multiple health diseases.
Tobacco consumption is the most commonly known cause of lung cancer. Half the people who begin tobacco consumption die because of it.
If you are a smoker and want to ensure you protect your teeth, visit Sair Dental Group Houston right away. Our dentists will help you have a better smile and refer you to specialists who can help you quit smoking. To book an appointment, call us at 832.924.2666.