An underbite is a misalignment of the upper and lower front teeth, which makes your smile look strange. An underbite can also cause serious oral health issues, therefore, it is important to treat it in the early stages. Treatment with Invisalign is much easier and effective. You don’t have to use metal braces or expanders anymore. Invisalign is a convenient, comfortable, and discreet treatment option that makes it easy for you to fix your underbite without surgery.
What Causes an Underbite?
An underbite may be caused by injury, genetics, or bad childhood habits. Here are some childhood habits that can increase the risk of having an underbite, for example:
- Excessive thumb sucking
- Tongue thrusting
- Feeding on a bottle after the infant years
Why Should You Fix an Underbite?
An underbite makes your smile look strange and unpleasant. It can also cause serious oral issues, such as:
- Faster tooth wear
- Tooth decay
- Joint disorders
- Poor oral hygiene
Benefits of Using Invisalign
Invisalign is an effective treatment option to fix an underbite. It is better than traditional metal braces. Here are some of the benefits that it offers.
- Comfort and convenience: The clear aligners perfectly fit on your teeth, and do not cause any form of discomfort.
- Oral hygiene: You can easily take off the aligners to clean your teeth, which will allow you to improve your oral hygiene.
- Invisibility: Clear aligners are not noticeable.
- Eat whatever you like: With Invisalign, you can take the clear braces off and eat what you want.
- Boosts self-confidence: Invisalign can improve your self-worth and enhance your confidence in social situations.
How Long Does Invisalign Take for Underbite?
The time required for your Invisalign treatment depends on the severity and the level of misalignment.
For more in-depth details, visit your nearest dental clinic. Book an appointment with SAIR Dental Group. Call us today at 832.924.2666.